Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sifting Through. . .

April 18, 2006

We were back at the apartment again today for more recovery. The only good thing about today was at least we didn't have the reporters hanging on our every word just waiting for that emotional break down for the "perfect story". It was a lot more peaceful which gave me a lot of time to reflect and appreciate what we have left.

I still miss Dori desperately but she is the only thing that can't be replaced. I'm not upset about the household stuff anymore. Yeah it sucks that we have to start over from ground zero again. Yeah, it also sucks that I don't have a "matching house" anymore. And, yeah it really sucks that my boys lost all of their toys. But, all of those things can be replaced. The kids had too many toys anyway. There is good out of all this. We are all safe. I know there is nothing I could have done to prevent this fire and no matter how we did things that day the end result would have still been the same. Dwelling on it now isn't going to change anything.

I hate those people for what they have done to me and my family, most of all my cat but I know they will get what is coming to them. Tim and I filed a police report today making sure to give the detective, in detail, everything that we could about the whole fire and how most people in the complex and directly involved with the case were positive this was no accident. So, now all we can do is sit back and wait. We've done everything we can do and now we must move on and not let this moment in our lives overcome us. I know Tim and I will be much stronger after this and I'm sure my kids will too.

0 comments: