Friday, December 22, 2006

The day after tomorrow. . .

Is Christmas Eve. I can't believe it! I'm so not ready yet.

I still have a few more things to get for the boys' stockings, in-laws to shop for, not to mention the ever impossible Tim! Let's not even talk about all the stuff I have to do around the house on top of that. Needless to say, the next few days are going to be very, VERY hectic.

Speaking of Tim, I have no earthly idea what to get him. I was planning on getting him a power supply for his Mac Powerbook but unfortunately, The Apple Store is out of them. He does need clothes but I don't want to make his entire gift clothes. Darn, I really have no freakin' idea. Maybe something will come to me in my sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In other news, Bob is having a great Holiday break this year. His dad is here for a visit. He got in yesterday and leaves (I believe) Christmas Eve, unfortunately he has to work on Christmas day.

As I speak, Bob is having the time of his life at some ice skating rink, with his dad showing him all his fancy hockey moves. I have to be honest, it really used to bother me that Bob looked at Scott as some amazing God that never does anything wrong. As the person who whisks him away from his boring mundane life here at home where he has homework and chores, off to some awesome land where he gets to play all day and do new and exciting things that we can't do when he's with me (like ice skating, something that Bumpo isn't ready for yet). Now, I'm glad he has that. Scott really does have a disadvantage in that he doesn't get to spend every single day with Bob. He doesn't get to comfort Bob when he's sick or upset, he doesn't get to see him excel in school, and he doesn't see the other every day things I'm sure I take for granted. So, I'm really glad the time the two of them do spend together is so special. Yes, Bob may look at Scott like he's a God, but Bob also calls my house home. Something I know Scott would trade me for any day of the week.

Well, I need to run, I have visions of cookies dancing through my head. And if I don't get in that kitchen and start making them, Santa is going to be one very upset man in this house on Christmas Eve!

0 comments: