Sunday, February 18, 2007

Welcome to the Jungle

On Thursday night, I had the pleasure of seeing one of the best musicals I've seen in a long time. The added bonus to this musical is that, all of it's performers were around eight years old, and included my dear Bob.

But in all seriousness, this play was awesome. I usually expect elementary school musicals to be less than interesting. Full of kids screaming, rather than singing. Decorations that look like, well, a kid did them. Teachers whispering the students lines to them off stage, and still not being able to understand said student as he/she tries to repeat the forgotten line. But this one was so different. The songs that were sung were enjoyable, and for the most part, in tune. The acting was amazing for a bunch of second graders. And the stage looked wonderful. We all had such a great time. Have I mentioned before how much I love this new school?!!

Bob was sick when spots for the play were chosen so he ended up as one of the narrators. He only had one line, but in my opinion, he delivered it better than anyone else. I may be a *little* biased.

I took a bunch of video and pictures. All of which I haven't managed to upload yet. Hopefully later on today I'll have photos on here and at the very least, a link to YouTube (or google video) with some video. I'm hoping to be able to figure out how to add the video directly to this here blog, but we'll see what I'm able to accomplish. I'm still pretty new to this html/any coding in general, thing.

0 comments: