Saturday, October 13, 2007

ahhhh

I love days like today. Finally, the first hints of fall are upon us. The weather is gorgeous, the leaves are finally starting to turn, and the breeze through my hair is ever so cool and soft. This is the perfect time of year for the beach, if it wasn't for that stupid red tide still hanging around. Maybe not the perfect time to swim, as the water is already starting to turn cold, but I could walk for hours on the shoreline, with the waves brushing my feet, hand in hand with my children and Tim. That's my idea of heaven. Hopefully sometime during this next week, red tide will become a distant memory and we'll be able to enjoy the beach for the last time this year.

Tim is on vacation all week thanks to the repairs that need to be done around the house. Unfortunately, I am not. But, I am only working while the boys are at school. Which means lots of family time!! So, even with all the work we're planning on doing to whip this place into shape for the upcoming holiday season, we're also planning lots of fun family things as well. Including a trip to the local haunted house and maybe a hay ride or two to boot.

For now, I'm going to get off of here and look through my newly purchased mountain of cooking magazines. I need some new recipes. And this is the perfect way to occupy my time until my Timmy gets home from his "outing" with his mother. They had to head to Daytona to visit a sick family friend. He should be in a fantastic mood when he gets home. (can you hear the sarcasm in my voice?!!)
I'm finally able to go outside again. In the summer here I can't bear to be out there for more than ten minutes.

0 comments: