Tuesday, November 25, 2008

it's the most wonderful time of the year.

I haven't finished my shopping for Thanksgiving yet, no pies are in the refrigerator, the house needs to be cleaned one last time, and I have to work tomorrow, but I'm still absolutely infatuated with this time of year.

Tomorrow is jammed packed with enough shopping and prep work that you'd think I was feeding every. single. person. I've. ever. met. But that's how I roll. The whole menu thing just sort of snowballs, I see it happening yet I can't figure out how to stop it. There are just too many good things to choose from. I must make them all!

So, here is my final (I think) menu for this year:

Dinner:
Tofurky (a must in any vegetarian household)
Basketball (really it's a stuffed tofu turkey, made from tofu, this is just my husband's name for it - - he prefers this over Tofurky)
Stuffing (the Pepperage Farm, in a bag kind. Tim wouldn't accept anything else)
Mashed Potatoes (don't really have a recipe for these, I just kinda throw them together, my only criteria: Yukon Gold Potatoes.)
Gravy (of course, it's a must with the "basketball" and the potatoes. Unfortunately, I suck at gravy, so this is just the vegan Hein's packaged kind. But, it's damn good!)
One can of cranberry sauce (Ocean Spray all the way, the jello-y kind. Nothing else will do, I'm the only one who eats it, so what I say goes!)
Kale, Green Beans, and Mushrooms
Best Brussels Sprouts (these really are the best I've ever had. NOTHING even comes close to these. Try them, even if you don't like Brussels sprouts, you'll love these.)
Sour Cream Muffins (except vegan)

Desserts:
Pumpkin Pie (sorry can't find the recipe for this one, super easy though. Basically it's just pumpkin and tofu with sugar and spices.)
Cheesecake (there are about a million recipes for this on vegweb.com but I kinda do my own thing here as well)
Chocolate Turtle Truffle Torte (Bumpo's all time favorite. This really is the best dessert in the world!)

Okay, so there you have it. It's nice to see it all written down on something more. . . . concrete.

My plan is to start on the desserts tomorrow after I get home from work and shopping. Should be easy enough.

Of course, that all depends on how crowded the stores are. Hopefully there aren't too many other people out there waiting until the last minute to do their shopping. . . . .

. . . . Hey, I said "hopefully"!

I'll let you know how it goes.

0 comments: