Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Big Mistake

I made the mistake a couple weeks ago giving my mom the link to my blog. She was looking for an idea for a quilting site she wants to put up so I recommended this one as a temporary site to get the word out there, until her official site was up and running. Not to mention I'm rather proud of my life and kids and what I have to say about them and I wanted to hear some feedback from her.

Yesterday, I talked to her and asked her if she had been here to see this site yet. She begrudgingly told me she had seen my blog. Then goes on to say that I don't leave anything private. Nothing like, "wow, you don't leave anything private, but good writing!" Nothing positive what-so-ever. Now, I don't think my writing is that bad, and she's right, I don't leave anything private on here. Very few people have the link to my blog, and the people that do, know me. If a complete stranger were to come across this blog would I be embarrassed? No, I wouldn't. It's just who I am. This is my space to write about whatever I want, whenever I want. So, sorry if I don't keep stuff private. This isn't a place for me to keep things private. This is the place for me to get all my feelings out in the open. The place for me to vent (like I am now), and the place for me to record my memories. I know it is out there for anyone to read and maybe that is a little hard to understand for some people. But I really don't care who reads this. If they have a problem with something I have said then they can choose to close the window.

Granted, I had forgotten that I wrote about my miscarriage in here and forgot to tell my mother about it. So, she read about it through my blog which I'm sure didn't make her feel very good. And for that I am sorry. That was a huge mistake I made and really truly never meant to hurt her.

I don't know, maybe I am in the minority here and completely out of my mind, but this is my space in this world to be that way.

If you don't like what I have to say, or feel I'm too "open" oh-well. No one is making you read this. . .

0 comments: