Sunday, March 26, 2006

"Even Mommies Get Sick?!!"

That was the sweet question I was asked this morning by my sweet little boy.

"Yes, dear Bumpo, even mommies get sick" I respond.

"Who takes care of them when they are sick?" askes an inquistive little boy, to which I don't know how to tell him that I'm still trying to figure that out.

"Well, sweetie, that's part of being a mommy, I have to take care of myself just like I take care of you, your brother and daddy" is how I decide to respond instead.

He says, "Well, I don't think that's very fair mommy, I will take care of you and make sure you are all better by tomorrow."

"Why tomorrow?" I ask.

"Because I'm only four, mommy. I can only take care of you for a little bit before I make a mess." He answers like it was the stupidest question he's ever heard.

That was my laugh for the day. Now you can see why I think he's just the sweetest little guy.

So, if you haven't guessed yet, I'm feeling pretty miserable today. I think I'm coming down with whatever it is my dear husband dragged home. He of course is still sick as well. Although, after the $153 I had to spend today on medicine for him, he better get over this rather fast or those darn doctors are going to have some explaining to do!

Looks like Bob will be staying home from school tomorrow as well. He's been coughing like a mad man for the past two days, has a sore throat, a stiff neck, and a red eye. So, I'll be shipping him off to the doctor first thing in the morning. Hopefully, he doesn't come home with a notebook full of prescripitions, not covered under our insurance like my dear Tim.

0 comments: