Friday, March 10, 2006

Vacation Time

Well, the time is here again. . . VACATION TIME!!!! I'm so excited. It seems like it's been forever since we've gone on a vacation and I think we've figured out why. We always used to come here for vacation or to Ohio to visit family. We'd come here to visit the husband's parents or we'd go to Ohio to visit mine. So, this year we've made the rule that we can go anywhere except Florida, Ohio, and Texas. We want some place new to try. So, after long deliberation about what would be best with kids and in a weeks amount of time we decided on the Grand Canyon. Well, he decided on the Grand Canyon. I'm begrudgingly going along with it. My ideal vacation would be a shopping spree to New York City with the husband and kids following me around from store to store while I shop. Now, I know it sounds selfish but in my fantasy, they enjoy the shopping for me as much as I do. But since my fantasy isn't reality to anyone but me the Grand Canyon is where we'll be going. I am excited about a vacation to a new and different spot but I'm just not sure about this spot. . . I mean, it's a lot of stuff that you do outdoors. I'm not an outdoorsy kind of person. I love going outside to get in my air conditioned car and go shopping but spending a whole day (or week in this case) outside is not a very appealing idea. Now I do love to do the hiking and looking around new areas and a day or two there would be awesome, but a week? I'm not sure.

I understand that the Grand Canyon is one of the wonders of the world and I do want to see it but I just don't know about the whole spending a week there. True, by the time we got there (since we are driving the 33 hours it takes to get there) we'd only have about 3-4 days to spend there but I just don't think there is that much to see. At least not enough to capture my attention for that amount of time. After all, it's just a big hole in the ground, right?!!

Because of my unsureness (and after a lot of hints) on the whole ordeal, the husband and I came up with a great compromise. On the way to the Grand Canyon we go through a lot of interesting areas like Dallas (which I've always wanted to go to but never been), some places in New Mexico, and a couple other areas. Well, he's agreed to let me stop and shop and look at stuff along the way. Stuff I like to look at. Seems pretty fair to me.

Let the planning begin. . .

0 comments: