Sunday, April 30, 2006

Our Vacation Has Started!

April 8, 2006

We departed on our journey a day late, a few dollars short, and a little less healthy than we’d like, but the important thing is that we’re here and we’re all together for a week of fun.

Right now we are driving down Interstate 10, still in Florida at 6:40 in the evening. This is the boring part of the drive. I’m pretty sure that Tim and I could drive it with our eyes closed. (Actually, I know Tim can) Not only is it incredibly straight and uneventful, but we also drove it a million and a half times when we lived in Houston. The only difference is this time I am looking forward to the Louisiana border, unlike all the other times when that was the worst part of the drive. I think it’s safe to say that our car had “issues” with the place. I guess I would too if I was smacked with a hundred bugs a minute. There’s nothing like the sound of a big, fat, juicy bug hitting your windshield driving at 90 mph over and over again, let me tell you. But, I guess you need something to keep you awake. This time however, Louisiana marks the spot where we get veer off dear I-10 and venture onto a new territory of unconquered asphalt.

The boys are sleeping peacefully in the back after battling for what seemed like hours over who had what toy and which one hit the other first. I must say though, overall they have been pretty good. Now that I’ve typed that I’m sure all hell will break loose but at least I got the chance to document it now.

Well, that’s it for the excitement in my world right now . . . Hey, what did you expect?

0 comments: