Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Petrified Forrest

April 9, 2006

Wow, we made pretty good time! Here we are, just inside Arizona a little over a day later!

Today we did the Painted Dessert and Petrified Forrest. We've taken a ton of pictures already but now I'm sitting here wondering if we'll end up keeping any of them. I have a feeling that when we get to the Grand Canyon tomorrow (or the day after that) if they will just look like pictures of little hills when compaired to the Grand Canyon. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

This place was pretty neat. We got to experience the terrain of the dessert and look at a ton of old logs that turned to stone. It was all extremely pretty though. The wind was pretty crazy today so we had to keep Bumpo in the car for a lot of the day. He doesn't seem to be getting over his bronchittus or ear infection what-so-ever. I was really hoping that a vacation would do his body some good but I guess we pushed a little to far with him. He had a slight fever today and doesn't really have much of an appetite. I guess we'll see how he progresses through the rest of the trip.

Well, it's my turn to drive so I should be going. We're off to see the Canyon, the most wonderful Canyon of all . . .

0 comments: