Thursday, May 25, 2006

Dad's Birthday!

April 28, 2006

Happy Birthday Dad! Wish I could have been there to celebrate it with you, or at the very least had enough time to send you a card! But I am glad I at least got to talk to you today for a little bit.

I miss my family. Being 1000 miles away from them is a lot harder on me than I ever thought it would be. I never considered myself to be a mommy's or a daddy's girl but being this far away from home sure brings out that side of me. I miss being there for events like this. Going out to dinner with the family and listening to my dad tell the same stories over and over again. Even having my brother go on and on about how good his steak is and asking me if I want I bite to the point where I just want to punch him in the face, I miss.

Wow, I'm getting pretty sentimental here, aren't I?!! It's just that kind of a day. . .

0 comments: