Thursday, July 13, 2006

Christmas in July?

I don't know why but for some reason I am sweatin' Christmas, big time. I was online last night for over an hour looking at cookie recipies because I'm in the mood to try something new. I found a ton that look very yummy, including this awesome sounding Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. As you can imagine, if you're OCD (which I tend to be right now for some reason) that recipe makes it easy to start thinking about the holidays. Then, before I knew it, I was making a list of everyone I could make a big cookie platter for. That then led to me looking for wrapping paper and gift bags/tins for the cookies. Then I realized that I have to start all over on decorations this year. So, here I sat, in JULY searching Google trying to find a site somewhere that had their Christmas stuff, already! Needless to say, Current was the only site I could find with even a hint of holiday cheer. So, I stopped with that idea and started to plan out what I'm getting everyone. The results? Well, I'm all prepared for Christmas now, in the middle of a heat wave, in July! If it hadn't of been so late last night, and I was a little more flush at the moment I think I actually would have gone out and started my Christmas shopping, or at the very least, started it online! As it is already, today I am planning on going and picking up the first gift of the season. Now I just need the money to buy the rest of the gifts and the decorations. . . oh, and the much needed chill pill.

0 comments: