Thursday, July 20, 2006

Out of the Mouth of Boys


So, before all this car trouble, we were able to go to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. While I was a little apprehensive about the boys seeing it (especially during certain graphic scenes) they loved it, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought.

Anyway, the move has inspired some pretty interesting "pirate play" from the boys. Here is a sample of their latest conversation, in pirate talk. . .

Bumpo (To me): "Arrrrrr Matie, I'm thirsty, since you are my assistant, can I please have sometin' to drink." (yes, he's a good lil' pirate, he even used his manners)

Me: "Well, what does this pirate want to drink?"

Bumpo: "What do pirates drink that we have?"

Bob (coming out of the bathroom): "How about some rum, Bumpo."

After explaining to them what rum was and the amount of trouble I would get into if I gave them their "pirate cocktail" they decided on some water. Then went on to fully reenact the drunken Jack Sparrow scenes from the movie. Good times!

. . . maybe the movie wasn't as harmless as I had thought.

But it was so much fun, and what's wrong with a little imaginary play. . .

Oh, and by the way, we don't even drink that much rum here (I don't drink it at all). I think Tim has one bottle he's had for well over a year and the thing is still about half full.

0 comments: