Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What a week it's been

Well, the problem with the car continues. . . Turns out when our fuel pump died it took out part of the computer system with it. (translation here: You thought the fuel pump was expensive, HA, try this on for size) Now I'm not one to cry poor mouth, and I hate when people do, (especially when they have no reason to) but COME ON this is getting ridiculous!

As if replacing everything in a household isn't enough for one year. Now we have to come up with close to $1000 for the car! Our savings is completely and totally depleted and to take a hit like this right now does nothing for the moral. Luckily my dear Tim was able to cash in one week of his vacation which should be enough to fix the car, and take care of all the other expenses we have this month. Wow, I so do not thrive during stressful times like some people I know. I often wonder how Tim's able to put up with me. It's not a pretty site people!

And if that isn't enough, there's more going on in (what should be) my wonderfully mundane life right now that I just don't need. . .

Have you ever been in a position where you know that certain people are trying to take advantage of you? Well, that's my predicament right now. Said people are trying very hard to royally screw me over because, for some reason, they believe I'd be none the wiser.

Let me see if I can explain without giving out too much detail, after all this is a public blog, and as such I'm not sure if I want (this much of ) my dirty laundry aired for all to see. . .

As I've stated before in a previous post, I love photography. I consider myself to be quite good at it as well. Well, these people want to use my talents for profit without paying me. Now because of their circumstance, in any other light I'd be more than happy to help them. However, because of their shady dealings with me and the husband as of late, I have no desire what-so-ever to do anything for them. I feel that if they can't even be honest with me, when I'm trying to do something as a major favor to them, that could possibly (if done right) go on to make them a more than decent amount of money, then they can go screw themselves.

They can't do it without me, which may mean I'm totally screwing them over in the long run, but hey that's what happens when you underestimate the person you are seeking such a huge favor from.

Nothing infuriates me more than when I go out of my way (and against my husband's better judgment) to help someone out of a rough patch in their lives, only to be left feeling like the biggest idiot on the earth. I'm too busy trying to think the best of these people and truly trying to talk myself into helping them, that often times I don't see the people for the backstabbing, hypocrites they really are.

C'mon though, I'm not an idiot people. The numbers don't add up, the stories are different every day, and I have the distinct feeling of something inching it's way into my ass. Well, ya know, there comes a point in everyone's life when they have to say enough is enough, Tim's already reached his point with these people, and I think I just reached mine. . .

0 comments: