Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Ahhh Innocence

Last night, while waiting in line at our local grocery store, Tim and I were scanning the magazine rack, making comments about the celebrities who happened to grace the covers of this month's issues. . .

Tim: "Angelina Jolie looks really good on that cover"

Me: "Yeah she does. Look at these pictures of Ashlee Simpson, she is looking a lot like Jessica now, which is what I thought she was trying to avoid."

Tim: "I know, and look here, she's getting really skinny too. Whoever that is on the cover of that magazine looks really good though."

And on and on our conversation went about the celebrities and our thoughts on their careers, looks, and the like.

Then out of no where, we hear:

Bob: "Hey guys, that looks really good"

After Tim and I shared a quick "oh crap" look between us, we slowly turned to see which woman had caught his eye. Only to be shown a NASCAR cake on the cover of Better Homes and Gardens, instead.

In a few more years, it will be a completely different story. But in that moment, it made me remember just how young Bob really is and that I need to make sure I cherish every day of it. All too soon these days will be distant memories.

0 comments: