Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Relaxing Weekend at Home?

I didn't step foot out of this house once this entire weekend. Yet, here I sit at 10:30 Sunday night, completely and totally exhausted. I've gotten so much done this weekend around the house.

On Friday, after I picked Bumpo up from school, I spent the rest of the day redoing the entire kitchen. I clean out cabinets, detailed the fridge, reorganized the pantry and washer/dryer closet, and even scrubbed the floor. Then, I made an awesome soup from scratch, only to have Tim's parents call and ask us to go out to dinner with them. Which actually turned out to be okay, since the soup I made tastes so much better the next day anyway.

Then, on Saturday, Tim had the day off and our original plan was to take the kids to the pool. But, since it rained all day, and Bob was in one of his moods, we spent the day here at home. Tim made homemade bread to go with our soup for dinner and I spent most of the day cleaning up after everyone.

Today, Tim had to work once again. So I decided to spend the day catching up on laundry and cleaning the living room top to bottom. I still have to do a detailed vacuum and steam clean but for the most part, the living room is done. I'll do the rest tomorrow. I also, once again made a huge meal for the family complete with homemade blueberry almond cookies for the kids to take in their lunches tomorrow. And now, I'm tired.

My mom has been delayed once again, (this time completely my fault) so she will be here probably sometime late Thursday or early Friday. I can't wait to see her. It's been so long since I've seen anyone in my family and I've really been missing all of them. I can't wait to catch up with her. I've already got a few things planned out for when she gets here.

Well, I'm off to bed. My day starts at 5:30 tomorrow morning, and if I want to get the steam cleaning done while everyone is gone, it means I'll be skipping my afternoon siesta tomorrow, which means a very long day awaits me. Goodnight!

0 comments: