Friday, January 05, 2007

The post where I resolve to make 2007 the BEST YEAR EVER!!

Okay, so yeah, I'm a sap when it comes to tradition.

. . . Or, a glutton for punishment depending on your point of view.

No matter how many times I tell myself how silly it is to make New Years resolutions, that I know I can't keep, I still do it. Year, after year, after year. And, every time, I promise that year will be different. I'll keep all the resolutions. I'll be a changed woman by years end. Just wait, you'll see. . . . and on and on it goes.

But, honestly, after the year I had last year, I KNOW this year is going to be different. I'm energized! I'm ready! And so help me, I'm keeping every single one of these friggin' resolutions this year.

. . . Yeah, yeah I know, but keep those negative thoughts to yourselves, especially you, my dear loving family!!

So, without further adieu, I give you my List O' Promises for 2007(notice I called them promises, see if I make them promises I can't break them being the superstitious person I am and all):

  1. Spend more quality time with the boys. I'd like to say I'm this awesome mom who makes a habit of planning a family time into our weekly schedules but sadly, that would be a lie. Quite honestly, it's not like we don't have the time either. It's just pure laziness.
  2. Stop being so darn lazy about everything. I am the queen of procrastination. If I can put off a task until later, I do just that.
  3. Schedule in more me time. I really don't spend enough time on myself which then leads me to get stressed and upset. Not something that makes for a peaceful home, that's for sure!
  4. Get this house more organized. I have wonderful plans but when it comes to implementing them, I suck!
  5. To be living in (or in the process of building) a house by the end of the year. This resolution is the most important to me. My kids deserve a home, with a yard and I also think it's about time we set up roots here. After all, it doesn't look like we're leaving any time soon!
  6. Have our businesses up hopefully by my birthday. I'm so excited about this one. There is so much happening on this front. Unfortunately, until arrangements are made and everything is in place I can't talk about any of it and it's KILLING me!!
  7. Get my Christmas shopping done early. Shop all year through so it isn't such a big hit at the end of the year.
  8. Plan more date nights for Tim and I. This one will be hard. Finding a babysitter is a tough thing around here and we usually only find out we have a sitter at the last minute. Maybe I'll try a new idea I have. Something involving a jar and scraps of paper. . .
  9. Get and stay on top of the laundry. I totally HATE that job with a royal passion. To me, there is no worse job but I think it's time I grow up and just deal with it!
  10. Start my vegan blog I've been planning for the last few months. More information on that to come.
  11. Get more serious about starting my photography business/hobby that pays. It would be really great to turn something I love so much into something that helps support my family.
Okay, I think that's enough to get me started. And yes, I can accomplish all these things. However, being able to accomplish all these things, this year may be a bit of a stretch but I'm not going to let that stop me. Nope, not this time. . .

0 comments: