Monday, January 08, 2007

Yuck.

One of my cats has worms.

Is there anything more disturbing than worms? . . . . Hmmm, yeah it's hard to think of something, isn't it? They freak me out.

I don't usually splurge on overnight shipping, but in this case, getting the medicine to take care of this little problem, was my top priority. Because, you know, I haven't been able to go more than four minutes without shuddering in disgust since we found those awful things clinging to my kitten's butt. We won't even mention the hysterics that ensue anytime I see her lick aforementioned area.

I've been told that these worms come from the cats ingesting fleas. When we got these kittens they were infested with fleas. I've had to endure bathing these little suckers every 3 days for about the last two weeks. (before that, they were too small and there was too big of a risk that the flea shampoo would harm them, not to mention the problems that could have come from trying to regulate their body temperature after the bath.)

Have you ever tried to give a cat a bath? . . . Yeah, well, take that. . . now multiply it times two. If you could shave off my skin, it would make some nice big, not to mention pretty disturbing, ribbony bows to put atop a few gift boxes.

Yeah, I'm starting to regret this whole pet ownership thing. . .

0 comments: