Monday, January 22, 2007

Vegan Idiot

I had a little time to kill this morning so I went in search of fellow vegan websites. After typing in my search to trusty google, I found a few links that interested me, including a fellow blogger.

I happily clicked on her link, waiting to be flooded with posts full of like-minded thoughts and maybe some new recipes as well. What I found instead, was an animal "activist" much like the kind I despise. I don't have a problem with activists as a whole. In fact, I consider myself to be part of that group.

I do, however, have a problem with activists via/form of PETA. PETA has turned everything that true animal rights activists are about into a huge joke. From throwing paint, to prancing around naked, to wrapping themselves in Saran wrap. This blogger must have followed their course of action to the fullest.

As I'm clicking through her posts, I come across the following:

"I've been feeling very angsty lately, so here are some suggestions (old and new) for advocating!


I've found that one of the best places for AR advocating is..... a bathroom stall!

Whats better to do than read the wall when you're takin a pee? Next time you're in a mall, take along some permanent sharpies, stickers, pamphlets, and whatever else you can think of. Make the stall a haven for animals!"

To quote a couple paragraphs from her blog.

She makes all vegans look like complete whack-jobs. We work very hard to preserve animal rights, yet we think it's okay to break the law and deface property?!! Somehow, something isn't matching up here.

And I don't know about you, but I was *always* taught to pay attention to the things I read on the walls of a bathroom stall. ::sigh::

It's a sad, sad thing when you have people like this trying to fix the fate for the millions of animals that die on a daily basis.

0 comments: