Wednesday, January 31, 2007

On being sick, my "blogiversary", and other random stuff.

So yeah, it's becoming a normal thing for me to go a week or more with no post. However, this past week I had wonderful entries prepared. Then, I got sick. I spent three days in the hospital only to come home to a filthy house (thanks to my dear husband who hasn't figured out just how to take care of two kids and the house all at once yet.) and recover (read: clean like mad in between bouts of horrible, nauseating trips to the bathroom) for the next few days. My lymph nodes are still swollen beyond belief and my back is still killing me, but at least now they know I'll live. I'm just glad what I had was an isolated incident and I don't have to worry about anyone else in the house getting it. My whining was enough, don't think I could deal with the kids and the husband doing the same.

During my absence, I also missed my one-year anniversary (blogiversary). Yep, that's right, I've been bored for one year straight now. But actually, I have to admit that I have loved writing in this thing. It's been a great way to remember important events in my life. It's also been great on the argument front too. This here blog as been entered in as evidence on more than one occasion. The dear husband knows better than to argue with me over dates now. I can tell him the exact day of our last interaction with his mother, or the date one of the children did something memorable. He stands no chance anymore. Because by golly, our inner most secret details have been splattered all over the Internet by his wonderful wife, the mother of his children. Yep, believe it or not, he still loves me though.

In other news, Bumpo's 5th birthday is fast approaching. He'll be turning five on Super Bowl Sunday. Poor kid. Lucky for him, his dad couldn't care less for football so we'll have the whole day to do super awesome five year old stuff like IMAX and going to an indoor playground. Then, on the 10th he'll have a birthday party for all his little pre-school friends. The party he's been planning for about six months now. I just hope it lives up to all his expectations.

I still can't believe my little boy is going to be five. I'm still buying him 3T clothes. I can still pick him up and carry him around like I could when he was three. He's so tiny. He's also one of the sweetest little things I've ever seen. By this time, Bob was about twenty pounds heavier than Bumpo and at least a foot taller. I've been at either end of the spectrum with these boys. One who was very tall for his age, and now this one who's very small for his age. It's been interesting.

Well, I need to run. Dinosaur decorations are calling me through the Internet lines and I better get all the stegosauruses, and T-Rexes I can find before it's too late.

0 comments: