Thursday, February 08, 2007

Such a sad, sad waste.

Okay I have to comment on the events from today. If you have no idea what I'm talking about go here, or here, or here.

I'm a television junkie. Especially crap reality television shows about washed up celebrities. So, as you can guess, I was sitting front and center for all of the Anna Nicole Reality TV episodes. I believe we were living in Houston at the time (either that or we had just moved) which made her extra interesting to me. Since she is, after all, from the Houston area.

Fast forward a few years later and I've still had a strange interest in her life. She was an interesting person. Her life was hell, but somehow she still seemed to rise above it and go on to do what she intended to do with her life. In a lot of ways, she was and still is a role model. She set her mind to something, and for the most part, accomplished her dreams.

She also showed us that money (even $1 Billion) doesn't buy happiness. It doesn't matter if you liked Anna Nicole or not, when her son died last September, three days after the birth of her daughter, mothers everywhere felt the impact of her loss. You couldn't help but feel her pain. All the rumors surrounding her seemed to fade away, and what we were left with was a woman in one of her most primal forms, grieving the loss of a child. I hugged both of my boys a little tighter that night, in honor of her, in honor of something she would no longer be able to do with her own son.

As ditsy, or as stupid, or as selfish, or as drugged, as she may have been, no one deserved to live their final months the way she lived hers. I just hope she's at some kind of peace now.

And that her precious daughter goes on to live a normal and healthy life, free of the turmoil that seemed to engulf her mother.

0 comments: