Monday, April 30, 2007

Happy Monday.

As I've said before, today I have the day off. Just in time too as far as my sanity is concerned. I guess I'm just not used to this whole work thing yet.

The boys are super glad to have me home today. There are some problems with the in-laws (a post for another time) and it seems like going over to Yaya and Boppa's house is no longer fun for the kids. Which puts a huge damper on things for me and my job. I'm hoping this is just their way of dealing with change, because as we all know change is never easy. Especially when you go from having a mommy home full time to having her gone a lot of the time. Hopefully they just need to adjust. However, if that isn't the case, and they really do hate it there, then we'll have to make alternate plans or I may have to quit my job all together. Because, extra shoe money just isn't worth my boys' happiness.

In other news, since I've started working, I have had absolutely no time for my photography. I'm thinking I'll take the boys out today for their school portraits. A beach photo shoot would be nice. Either that or just them around the park or outdoors somewhere. As you can tell, I haven't planned it all out yet but I have some good ideas. Hopefully the weather holds up, it looks a little like rain out there right now.

I also need to run a few errands and get the house straightened up. Tim was so sweet last night and surprised me with a homemade dinner, flowers and handmade cards by the kids, when I arrived home from work. I so love that man. Now I need to clean up his small mess, he did a pretty good job of cleaning up after himself as he went, but by the end of the night he was totally drained. He went to work at 5:00 in the morning yesterday and worked steadily until around 9:00 last night (making dinner included) so I'd say that's completely understandable.

I'm hoping to surprise him tonight with a nice clean house, and some kind of yummy desert since he made enough food to last for days. We'll be having his famous breakfast burritos again tonight for dinner and probably tomorrow as well.

Well, that's all the excitement going on over here right now. I need to go jump in the shower and get my day started.

0 comments: