Monday, April 09, 2007

It's freezing!

Have I mentioned it's cold out today? Well, it is. Here I am, sitting in this tropical state, that's supposed to be full of sunshine and hot weather, freezing my butt off.

It's been rainy and dreary all day today which has brought the temperature to an all time low (at least for March) of 46 degrees. Now I know 46 degrees sounds like a heat wave to you northerners but for us down here, it's the same as -20 up there.

The cold weather here has one thing the north does not. Humidity. When it's cold and humid, the chill goes straight to your bones. Trust me, it's true. When I first heard it, I thought it was a load of bull too but after living here for a few years now, I can attest to it.

So now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cuddle up under my favorite throw and try to get (and stay) warm.

0 comments: