Friday, May 25, 2007

date night.

I cleared my schedule today for a different reason. Today was supposed to be the day I said goodbye to my dear son. However, that happened yesterday, which was a sad sorrowful event, a post for another time.

Bob's departure aside, something good did happen last night. After the goodbyes were said, and the tears were shed (mostly on my part), I was approached by a guy I know who asked me out on a date for tonight. A quick look at my calendar let me know that Tim would be working all day and most of the night, meaning I was free, and extremely excited. He quickly took a day that I had been dreading, and turned it into something that wasn't as sad.

We discussed a little last night what we were going to do today, but nothing concrete. I know we'll more than likely take advantage of this beautiful weather and do something outdoorsy, probably grab dinner at some point, and maybe even catch a movie, either at a movie theater or come back here to see what On Demand has to offer.

Quite frankly, I don't really care what we do. I've been in love with this guy since the minute I met him and I can't imagine a better way to spend my day than with him.

Even if it does mean a bunch of "Go Diego Go" games, dinner at Chuck E Cheese's and some kind of cartoon movie to follow.




. . . . .Yep, a date with Bumpo is just what I need right now.

0 comments: