Tuesday, June 05, 2007

runnin' on fumes

Yeah, I know, nothing new, right?!! It seems like this is my current state in life, at least now that I have a job and all.

There has been a lot that has gone on over the last week or so. But since I'm in a current (semi-permanent) state where it makes it virtually impossible for me to form coherent sentences, I'm going to rely on an old favorite, a bulleted list, to get my thoughts across.

  • Since I've started working, we've eaten at home a grand total of one time. Yep, that's right. One time in almost two months. I need to change that because when I took this job, spending most of my paycheck supporting my neighborhood restaurants was not what I had in mind.
  • Then again, by changing the above thing, that means I'll have to actually cook. Which means a trip to the grocery store. A place I've avoided like the plague for as long as I can remember.
  • Not to mention the idea of spending eight hours working, only to come home, spend forty-five minutes cooking dinner, then another half hour after dinner cleaning up, doesn't sound like much fun to me.
  • But, think of all the money I'll save. Money I can then use to buy purses. Yes, lots and lots of purses. And shoes. Gotta have some shoes too. Ooooh and house stuff. Yep, I've been looking for some new dishes for the kitchen. And wouldn't it be nice if I actually got to use the dishes?? Instead of just dressing up the inside of my cupboard for no one to see?!! Why, yes. . . yes, it would be nice.
  • My house is in a serious need of a dusting. We turned off the ceiling fan yesterday in the living room (something that never happens around here) and I'm totally disgusted by what I see. So much so, that I'm afraid to turn the darn fan back on. Dust will fly everywhere. And then I'll go another five months without dusting the darn thing.
  • Oh, and I need to steam clean.
  • But first I need to vacuum.
  • And clean the toilets.
  • And the bathtubs.
  • And the sinks.
  • Okay, I need to CLEAN.
  • And spend some quality time with my poor lonely kitties. They so aren't loving being home alone every day, all day.
  • Oh, and in other news, I put Bumpo in daycare. It's been a long time coming and I'm so happy I finally bit the bullet and did it. He's so much happier now and he gets to see Mrs. Nicki off and on.
  • It's pretty bad when I trust daycare (a bunch of almost strangers) to watch my child over his own grandmother. I so hate that woman.
  • Bumpo is having a great time at daycare though. He gets to swim every day, play with kids his own age, play games, do art projects, eat lunch (yeah, something his grandmother didn't always *REMEMBER* to do), and best of all, he isn't ignored all. day. long.
  • Tim has been working crazy long hours as well and spending time with him has proven to be a task, in and of itself. I hate that the only time we see each other is in bed every night. Although, I'm not complaining about the bedroom activities, that's for sure. I just miss the joking around, the silly conversations, and most of all, I miss spending an entire day with him, doing anything. Just us, together. Luckily, we both have the same days off this week and I CANNOT WAIT for that.
Well, I'm off to bed. My day starts at eight in the morning tomorrow, which means I actually get to sleep in!! And, trust me when I say I need all the sleep I can get. My sanity depends on it.

0 comments: