Monday, July 30, 2007

handbag envy

I don't know what's been up with me lately but I've developed a sudden infatuation with handbags. I can't enter a store without checking out the accessories section. I can't visit a website without looking at all the awesome hobo bags and cute little clutches. As a matter of fact, right now, I have about thirty purses bookmarked on my "must have " file.

Now, if you know me, you'll know how weird this is for me. I'm simply not that girl. I own about three purses. All of which are pretty much the same style, same size, just different colors. I'm also the kind of girl who would never dream of spending more than $25 on a stupid bag, especially since I hardly ever carry one anyway.

But now, NOW I am the one who is figuring out how many hours I'll have to work in a week to justify spending $150 on a bag, and still have enough left over for groceries for the week. Now, I'm one of those people who will notice everyone else's bag and even go up and ask perfect strangers where they got their bag! Ah, this is no good, no good at all. Because as we all know, it never stops with the bag, then there are the accessories for the bag, then the shoes, and before long, I'll be looking for a bag to match my imaginary wardrobe, which will only lead to a real wardrobe, with real clothes, real EXPENSIVE clothes.

But see, here's the problem. . . In my search, I've found some awesome cute bags too. A ton of huge, hold everything (including the kids toy box) kind, some normal sized, kind I'm used to bags, and even a lot of tiny adorable clutch sized bags that used to drive me insane. I mean, seriously, what's the point in carrying a bag that only holds a credit card and lipstick, when I have pockets that carry that stuff?!! See, now, now I see the point, with those little bags, you don't have to carry that bulky stuff in your pockets, making your outfit look all weird. Plus, when you go to wash said outfit, you don't accidentally forget to check the pockets and send a brand new tube of lipstick swirling around in the washer and dryer, totally destroying everything in it's path. And, those little bags, they save time too. Because then you don't have to worry about cleaning all of that hypothetical lipstick off of every little nook and cranny inside aforementioned washer and dryer. You know, I'm just saying. Not to mention, a tiny little clutch is just what I need to match the ultra awesome dress I just bought for my brother's wedding next month.

Because, seriously, who wants to carry around an entire toy box every day of their lives anyway?

0 comments: