Saturday, August 04, 2007

so yeah. . . .

Life is weird right now. I'm working like crazy. In fact, I just took on a bigger work load. I told the store manager last week that I have decided that I love working there and I'm very interested in advancement opportunities. So, work-life has been busy. The good news is that eight-hour days now fly by amazingly fast. The bad news is that I have to change my hours of availability. Which is something I was going to do anyway because once the boys go back to school (three weeks!!), I'll only be able to work when Tim isn't on the weekends, which means evenings. We'll see how things go with that. Right now, the idea of working at night sucks ass. But we'll see if my opinion changes in the future.

In other news, like I said above, the boys are starting school soon. I'm super excited about that. Not because I don't like having them home, but because when they're at school I know they'll be getting the kind of attention they need instead of being shoved out into the yard all day, like an unloved puppy. Which is apparently how my mother-in-law thinks of them, except she treats the dog better.

Once school starts, they won't have to visit the in-laws again. Something I'm counting down the days for. As a matter of fact, Tim and I have seriously talked about cutting his parents out of our lives all together. His mother is getting really bad at trying to run our lives. Making up lie after lie trying to pin us against each other, and it's just getting old. She actually told Tim that she personally heard me tell my youngest son that I wish he would have been born a girl. That he was too pretty to be a boy. Which is not even close to anything I would say or have ever said. I'm just sick of her interfering in our lives, telling us how we should handle our money, then begging us for money the following month. Telling us how to raise our children, when she thought that living with an abusive husband for ten years was the best thing for her son. I'm sick of how she treats her husband. How she treats my children (especially Bob). How she treats Tim. How she treats me. Hell, how she treats everyone. She's a vial human being and I honestly think our lives would be so much better without her in it. Only problem is that she is Tim's mom. The only person in Tim's life (besides Bumpo) that he shares DNA with. The only person who has been there throughout his life. And, no matter how much Tim tries to assure me that blocking her out of his life is what he wants, what he's been trying to do for years now, I'm just not sure. The last thing I would ever want is for him to question his decision further down the road. To wonder if he did the right thing, or if he just did it for me. To resent me. And, worst of all, resent his decision. Because a decision like this one is not one you make lightly. I just hope he knows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that no matter what his decision is, I'll be there for him. Supporting him, being whatever he needs me to be. Which, I've already told him a million and a half times so I think it's safe to assume that he knows I'm in his corner, no matter what. . . . Have I mentioned how much I love that man??? He truly is an amazing creature. I'm sure you'll hear more about the mother-in-law drama in the future so I'm going to keep it short for now.

Oh, I don't think I've mentioned it on here yet, but my little brother is getting married. Next month as a matter of fact. He's marrying a girl he's been with for eight years, and I'm so happy for both of them. I can't wait to be there for the event. Especially since I found an amazing deal on airline tickets. We're flying up and back for $60 a person. All tolled, it's going to be about $305 for the four of us!! That's cheaper than paying for gas one way! I'm super excited. It's been so long since I've gone home and I can't wait to see how things have changed since I've been away. I also can't wait to see my family. All of them. Especially my parents. But also my extended family. I haven't seen any of them in at least nine years and I miss them all so much. You can bet I'm going to be taking my camera along and shooting tons of pictures. Because I'll be damned if I let another nine years go by without being able to see any of them. They'll all be right here, available for me to see, anytime I want. Can you tell I'm home-sick? Always happens around this time of year. Not sure why, but I think it has to do with the whole "back to school" stuff. Makes me remember being in school. Living with my parents. Dealing with my brothers. Having awesome times with my wonderful friends. All that good stuff. So, long ramble short, I'm excited and can't wait until we land in my beautiful home state.

Okay this post has become a lot longer than I had intentioned, and for all the people who actually made it this far, waiting for something funny, or hell, interesting, I'm so sorry. I guess I'm in a rambling mood tonight, more so than an actual writing mood. Again, so sorry.

0 comments: