Monday, July 23, 2007

need to do some photo taking

So, it's been almost a month since I've snapped a single photo. As long as you don't count the endless parade of people looking for passport photos that I encounter on a daily basis. And please, I insist, they DO NOT count. They wouldn't know a good photo if it bit them in the ass. Not to mention the horrible flouresent lights, one way sunlight, and tiny back drop I have to work with. Or the fact that most of these people don't even bother to shower before they stand in front of me, ready for a photo that will haunt them for the next ten years, expecting me to perform miracles - - in ten minutes or less.

So, as I was saying, I haven't had a good photo session in over a month. I miss it. And if I had any motivation what-so-ever I'd get my lazy ass out of bed tomorrow and head to the beach for the sunrise. However, figuring I have to be at work by 8 in the morning, (and Tim at 7) I don't think it's going to happen. But I am taking the boys later on this week for photo session number 3, to try again and get some decent shots for relatives and such. I have some great things planned and some wonderful locations in mind, so hopefully it turns out as well as I'm imagining in my head.

I also need to take some more recent photos of myself. Yep, you read right, I take the photos of myself as well. It's one of the nice things about having a timer, a remote, and a tripod. I don't have to depend on other people to capture my best side. I can do it myself. Call it cheating if you will, I don't give a damn, at least I'm guaranteed to get a great shot of myself.

I also need to finally decide what kind of photos I'm going to put up around here. We've lived here for over a year now and our walls are still as blank as they were the day we moved in. I know I want some nice nature shots in our living room. I just have no idea what I want them to be. The photos I liked yesterday, hold no appeal for me today. So I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Okay, now that I've bored myself, and I'm sure everyone else with this useless ramble, I'm going to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will bring a much clearer head and my posts will be back up to their normal gripping stories that, I'm sure, all of you have grownaccustom to.

1 comments:

hutchmom said...

I HOPE YOU GET THIS. I KNOW IT HAS BEEN A WHILE BUT I TRIED SENDING YOU AN EMAIL I WROTE TO ALL MY ONLINE FRIENDS THE OTHER DAY AND IT CAME BACK. PLEASE WRITE TO ME AT THE PRNCESSHUTCH@AOL.COM NOW THAT I AM FEELINF BETTER I WOULD LOVE TO TALK :) HUGS, LAURIE