Sunday, July 22, 2007

Coming Clean

**Otherwise known as the reason for my serious lack of posts, aka writers block**

I started this blog because I really loved the idea of a place to go, and write my thoughts, whenever the mood struck, whatever my thoughts may be.

I've tried the whole journal/diary idea before, only to let it fall by the wayside a few months later. Usually after it fell into the wrong hands, causing me some highly unneeded drama. After all of my secrets had been revealed, I lost all ability, or desire to continue to write.

Here, things are different. I have no problem pouring my heart and soul into a post, for the entire Internet to read. However, I have noticed that I've begun to censer what I write. In the beginning, I wrote about everything from my kids, to shaving my nether regions. Now, I hem and haw over using a stupid curse word. This blog has become one big sugar-coated brag-fest full of photos showing off my dear children, which is not what I intended.

When I was creating this here blog, and after much research, I decided that I really needed to define what kind of blog I had. In the end, I decided that a mom blog was an easy road to take. So I took on the label as a safe, happy mom blog. However, in doing so, I lost a major part of myself. Yes, I am a mom; yes, my boys are the most important aspect of my life; and yes, I love LOVE talking about them. But, the aren't my entire life.

I have many other things going on in my life than the latest cute thing one of my sons has done. Or the amazing deal I found on airline tickets for the family, or tips on how to cure summer boredom. For instance, I have a wonderful husband. We have an amazing sex life. I also have a job I love. And, believe it or not, I have a complaint or two that I'd love to address. Which would be completely out of character for my upbeat, happy mom-blog.

Now, in the past, a post about an "out of this world" sex session my husband I shared would be completely off limits. As would tips I've learned on giving the best blow-job. In fact, I think the word blow-job alone would set off about a million alarms for the typical mom-blog meter. We won't even mention that sex is how I got these kids to begin with. Nope, immaculate conception, that's how they got here.

So anyway, the point is that I've decided to go back to writing about whatever I want, whenever I want. If I loose readers over this decision, then oh-well. Not like I have a lot of readers anyway. I'm sick of censoring my own blog. This is my place to write about anything I want, however I want. And gosh darn it, I'm going to do just that. From this point on. . . .

1 comments:

hutchmom said...

prncesshutch@aol.com april please write have tried to write but all has come back :(