Friday, November 23, 2007

still stuffed.

So, it's the day after Thanksgiving, the sales suck, my stomach is still uncomfortably full, and I've slept all I can possibly sleep.

What's a girl to do?

And please, don't say the dishes, because seriously, I have a mountain. But, thanks to the husband, we also have a clogged sink. Three bottles of Draino later, and still - nothing but potato skin sludge and a backed up dishwasher to boot. So, we'll be waiting until maintenance gets over their turkey coma/hangover and decides to wander our way and fix the darn thing.

I guess I could venture out into the world and do a little shopping. And this is usually the plan for Black Friday. However, today after being at Staples when it opened this morning, I'm a little. . . . over. . . the whole crowd thing. Especially since I had a woman literally plastered to my backside all. morning. long. Seriously, don't think she has ever heard of a thing called PERSONAL SPACE. Even after a nudge or two, and then a word with her or TWO, she still continued to nudge herself up against me, worried that she wouldn't get her dear laptop. You know, the one THAT SHE ALREADY HAD A TICKET FOR. A ticket saying that she did indeed reserve that laptop, and that it needed to be picked up by 8:00 a.m. So, in other words, no rush. Also, did I mention, the sales?? They seriously disappoint this year. Target didn't even have any door busters. Unheard of. . . .

In other news, the house is too quiet today. No pitter patter of little tiny kitty feet. Nope. They were shipped off to the vet this morning to undergo a little "lop it off of/out of me" procedure. I miss their furriness. But, we think our sweet little girl, Odo, is/was pregnant, and even though I do love these cats, having ANY more would put me over the edge. Not to mention all the animals out there that need homes - I don't want to add to that. We tried to have this done a few months ago, but because our cats are so tiny, were told to wait until they turned one, and then bring them back for the procedures.

Let me tell you, it's been a long couple of months, trying (and apparently failing) to keep Odo away from Maddie and Maddie away from all things furniture, cloth, carpeted, upholstered, unoccupied, or standing still. All of my rugs in the kitchen and bathrooms are up because of his "spray painting abilities", and he's had to be locked in isolation, on a tiled, easy to clean floor, when we leave the house, or go to sleep. So, today is a good thing. I just can't wait until 5:00, when the cats are done, I know they are safe, and they are home with me where I can protect them and comfort them. Even if it is from a distance, away from any mad, sharp claws.

Well, I guess I'm going to go wake that husband of mine and get him out of this house. Destination, unknown. Maybe we'll even come home with a Christmas tree, or two.

Hopefully by then, I'll be able to work on that mountain problem.