Friday, November 23, 2007

10 ramdom things. . . .

. . . . That I am most thankful for this year.

There really is so much, but I'm limiting myself to these ten. In the end, they are what matters most.

  1. My children. They are happy and healthy, and home with me. Between sickness and infertility, I've witnessed more than one devastating story this year and it just makes me realize how lucky I am to have these boys. I love them so much.
  2. My Timmy. He is my rock. He knows me better than I know myself and I love that. He loves my emotional self unconditionally, and does a darn good job of putting up with it most of the time.
  3. My health. Despite my hives, I think I've turned a corner this year. My periods are beginning to regulate, which hopefully means the infertilly issues are coming to an end.
  4. My kitties. Yes, I say I hate them. Yes, they do drive me insane at times. But, despite all that, they are awesome little critters. They make my family complete. I'm so happy their respective surgeries went well today and that they are home, sore, but happy.
  5. My job. I love it. Never have I had a job where my opinion has been respected, they acknowledge a job well done, and understand that family is a top priority. They have been wonderful with me when a situation arises (like Bumpo getting so very sick) and very accommodating with my schedule.
  6. My apartment. It's a small, small place, bursting at the seams with the four of us, plus our two cats, but it's home. It's where my children feel safe, where my family knows to find me, and the place where we feel comfortable. Yes, eventually I want to own a house. Eventually, I would like more space. But this was the place that welcomed us, with open arms after the fire. This is the place where we started our lives over again. This is a home we will never forget.
  7. My parents. They are always there when I need them. Always just a phone call away. They are the ones who raised me, who taught me right from wrong, and who will always stand behind me. They've seen me at my best, and worst. I'm a very lucky girl to have them in my corner.
  8. My in-laws. They are jerks most of the year, but they are family. They love my children dearly and always have their best interests at heart. And, when my mother-in-law isn't going crazy, she's a pretty okay person to be around.
  9. My siblings. We aren't as close as I'd like but hopefully, in the coming years that will change. My brothers are excellent uncles for my boys, and truly treat them like they are golden. And, anyone who loves my boys is an ace in my book.
  10. Money. Yes, I know it's not politically correct to be thankful for money, but I am. We don't have a lot, but we have enough. Enough to live comfortably, support our children, think about our future, and pay the bills. Here, because of the warm weather, I see people every day who don't have that. They don't have a roof over their heads, or food to feed themselves or children. No matter how much we may hate it, in this world we need money to live. It's a cold, hard fact. Think about that the next time you have a little extra "spending" money laying around. Instead of buying one more pair of shoes, put yourself in someone else's. Imagine not knowing where your next meal will come from, or where you'll be sleeping tonight.

0 comments: