Monday, April 07, 2008

the road; it has many twists and turns. . . .

. . Not to mention many different directions on which to travel.

My life lately can be summed up in one word . . . confusing.

2008 has not been disappointing in the least. What I thought would happen at the beginning of this year, is far from what is currently going on in my life.

For one, the move to Ohio is on a hiatus. I'm not quite sure when I will pick up that dream again. Maybe a year, maybe five, maybe never. Although I doubt the last one. Ohio is in my blood. I never bought in to the whole "hometown" thing. I thought it was stupid. My biggest dream growing up was to move away from my small town, to see all there was to see, and turn my life in to a grand adventure. Eight years and two children later though and I know what I left behind. The family I left behind. The friends who were closer than a phone call away. I still hope to wind up there, eventually.

Life just isn't calling me there, yet.

Then there is the home front. It's no secret that things between Tim and I have been rather stressed at the moment. In fact, just a few days ago I posted something to that effect. Since then, I have pulled that post. For those of you who saw it, you know what I'm talking about. For those who haven’t, just know that things were pretty bad. He's stressed about being out of work, I'm stressed about him being out of work and we just weren't communicating the way we should have been. All I can say is that we are working on things. I can't say how I think things will turn out because if I've learned anything this past year it's this: you can never predict anything. Even the things you think will never change have a way of making you take notice. All I know is that I love him, and despite anything, he is my future. We can work through anything, I'm sure of that. It's just a matter of keeping our priorities straight and not letting the stress of this crazy life interfere too much.

On the job front, things are moving at a remarkable pace. At the beginning of the year I talked about becoming a Pharmacy Tech. Since then, I've rethought my future and have decided that the pharmacy is not where I'm headed. Instead, I've started training to become a shift supervisor, and hopefully move on from there to manage my own store. Well, I got news today that I am going to be offered a shift supervisor position at a store about twenty minutes north of here. There are a lot of things that have to happen in order for me to accept this promotion but in the end I think it's where I'll be.

Things are happening fast. Unfortunately, they're also changing on a day-by-day basis.

All things said I really hope things begin to settle down soon.

The stress of it all is killing me!

0 comments: