Sunday, December 28, 2008

sorry for the absence, i was kidnapped by facebook.

So, Christmas here in California came and went and for the most part, it was excellent. The kids were happy with their loot, we stayed in our pjs all day long, dinner was easy, and the mother-in-law locked herself in her room for the entire day. Bliss I tell you, it was.

I have many pictures to post but unfortunately, my dear macbook is on her last leg (we've had her since 2003, orange juice has been spilled in her, kids have dropped her, it's really quite amazing she works at all.) and I'm afraid of what 100 more pictures would do to her. I might attempt it later, haven't quite decided yet. Until then I'm going to be looking through Apple's website trying to decide what to get to replace my dear laptop. It's bitter sweet I tell ya.

On a different note, you may have been wondering where in the world I've been. Well, my only excuse is Facebook. My dear sister-in-law got me hooked on it. My whole family is on there plus a lot of high school friends I had completely forgotten about. I mean, come on, where else can you go and learn that your brother is out shopping, your dad is looking at pictures from your brother's wedding, your best friend from high school should be sleeping, and your ex neighbor has turned into quite the partier. It's fascinating, people!! Especially when there are more important things that need to be done. And in some weird sense, it makes me feel closer to home. Closer to the drama a small town creates. It's awesome.

2 comments:

A said...

Facebook is awesome, isn't it? I also feel much more connected to family and friends, yes, it's mundane trivial stuff that gets posted but so what?

Glad you had a good Christmas; I feel like I've been run over by a truck. But it was fun. I guess. O_o

still a little wild-eyed here, heh.

Immortal Woman said...

I will have to check out the facebook, my angel tells me that she has been keeping up with your brother and his family on there. I am so glad you all have a way to stay in touch, it means a lot to me! Love ya!