Wednesday, September 02, 2009

some new developments

So, after my last post, I had actually planned on writing the very next day about how bad things had gotten. A pity post, if you will. How we just found out that Tim's wages are going to be garnished because of his awful mother. How they are going to take 25% of his check to cover her debts and there was nothing we can do. I was also going to go on and on about how much I hate that woman, with the power of a thousand burning suns, even. Luckily, I was distracted for a few days. Or, maybe it was just depression that kept me from doing much other than eating an entire bag of M&M's and catching up on my soaps. Whatever.

The point is that a couple days can change everything. And it did.

I'd love to tell you that we don't have to pay the stupid money because of the stupid bitch that continues to terrorize our lives. But, we do. Luckily, we've tracked her down and are going to tell the people that be how to get in touch with her. So at the very least, we get to share the wealth this little burden is putting on our family. Hey, you take what you can get and roll with the punches, as the sayings go.

But, even better than that, are the events that transpired last week. As all of you know, I have been working for Big Brand Pharmacy for about two and a half years now. I make very little money for all that is expected of me. Especially considering these last few months I've gone from Shift Supervisor to this weird district position that has no title yet has the power to put 100+ miles on my car a day. The funniest thing about this position is that I get paid the exact same amount that I was being paid in Florida. Way under what I deserve.

Tim happens to work for a different Big Brand Pharmacy and his boss told him about some jobs that were available. Under his suggestion, I applied. Two days later I had an interview and then the very next day, (a Saturday I might add) I got a phone call telling me I got the job! Not only did this all happen really, really fast, but it was exactly what we needed.

I will be making $6 more an hour, I'll be working closer to home, and best of all we don't have to worry about making ends meet anymore. Heck, we may even be able to sign the kids up for some of them there organized sports we keep hearing about. Fancy.

And you know what? I don't hate that horrible creature who shall remain nameless. Why, you might ask? Because, hatred takes a lot of energy and she. . . . she just isn't worth it.

0 comments: