Thursday, March 02, 2006

I've been a slacker

Wow, it's been a while since I last posted! Things around here have been pretty wild. We've been spending a lot of time in Jacksonville doing some shopping and then having to turn around the next day to return stuff we bought because it was broken/not right. So I drive for 30 minutes to get the darn thing and then turn around the next day drive another 30 minutes to return it. Ahhhh the joys of small town life.

We've also been eating out a lot! So much for my budget this month. It's way beyond blown. I'm at a point now where I'm actually sick to death of eating out. I'm really looking forward to making a menu, then a list, and, get this. . . . going to the grocery store!! I can't believe it. I never thought the day would come where I was excited to go grocery shopping! Of course it could be due to the fact that we found a new health food store in Jacksonville (Orange Park to be exact) that is a great size and full of a lot of the stuff we normally have to drive to Orlando to get. So that's worth being excited about! Now I just need to figure out what we need and then get myself in gear and go shopping, and for food!!!!

I'm in the process of starting spring cleaning now. (yes, there is a process to STARTING spring cleaning, well at least I say there is.) We have been trying to decide on whether or not to paint or just touch up the paint we already have. I really want a change but I'm not sure if I really want to go through all the work of moving everything out of the room, painting, and then putting everything back. Although I know I'd really like the end result of that a lot better than the end result of just touching up what we already have. We're also thinking about moving the rooms around. This is going to sound weird but we did the same thing in Houston and it looked wonderful. Anywho, we are thinking about making our master bedroom the living room (it's right off the living room now), making the living room the office/game room/dining room and making the office the boys' room, then making their current room our room. We need to do some measuring first of course. I'm not sure our bed will fit in the boys' room but it's worth a try. It really will give us a lot more "family" space which is something we really do need. It seems pointless right now to even have the current office. No one is EVER in there so it's just a wasted room. It's become our dumping grounds. Whenever we don't know what to do with something, we always just throw it in there. So something has got to change.

Anyway, I need to get off here and get some of this housework done, and move on to some de-cluttering, then off to the store I go! Wow, I'm feeling pretty vicarious today, aren't I?!!!

0 comments: