Thursday, May 25, 2006

~Happy Mother's Day~

May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day everyone! I hope you all had a very enjoyable and relaxing day.

My day was great. Such a nice change. Tim had to work this morning at 7 which meant I had to get up first thing and drive him there but my wonderful kids both came back home after that and went back to sleep for a little bit allowing me to have a nice luxurious nap.

When we were all up and ready for the day we ran to Target to get the last few things needed for Yaya's mother's day gift. The boys had decided that they wanted to give her a picture of them and I found this awesome frame with a matte where you could write little messages on it to her. So, I had them think all day about nice things to write on the matte and we spent the afternoon planning that out and taking a perfect photo.

We then picked Tim up from work around 4:00, came home and got ready for dinner. While we were getting ready Bumpo surprised me with his gift a little early which was a beautiful necklace with a gem the color of his eyes in it. I love it and I don't think I'll ever take it off. Then it was off to dinner with Tim's parents. We went to this wonderful local sushi place called Fusion Point. They have the best sushi in the world, and best of all will make it any way you want it. If you can't find something on the menu that interests you, they let you concoct your own combination which is just awesome. The boys gave Yaya her gift which she absolutely loved. Hopefully it showed them that a gift doesn't have to be the most expensive thing in the world to be good. In fact, the best gifts are the ones that you put your heart in to.

When we got home, both boys were incredibly exhausted so I had to hurry up and open the gifts from Bob (a dragon I had been admiring, and a curtain rod, yes, I wanted a curtain rod!) so that they could get their tuckered little selves off to bed.

The rest of the evening was spent with Tim and I relaxing and enjoying the evening (and each other). All in all, it was a perfect day!

0 comments: