Friday, May 12, 2006

On the Road Again

Unlike the song, I just can't wait to get OFF the road again! I'm beginning to think that a 5000 mile trip in 8 days was a bit too much. Granted, it's a little too late for me to say that now, we're on the western side of Texas and a long, long way from home.

Our next stop is Houston, Texas. We have some great friends there that we haven't seen in a couple years. We miss them terribly and the boys are dying to see their little girl again. I can't say I blame them, she is the cutest little girl I think I've ever seen. I'm wondering how it will feel to be back there after the years we've been away. I know a lot has changed, but I wonder if it will be so different that it won't feel like the same place anymore. Or, will I be left wishing we still lived there? I guess, I'll find out soon enough.

I already know there are a few restaurants that Tim and I have been missing like crazy. One being Tien Ren, a wonderful VEGAN restaurant full of yummy asian inspired food. The other one is Nit Noi. It's a great Thai place with the best spring rolls in the world. They taste like the employees walked out back and picked the vegetables fresh from a garden. MMMMmmmmmmm, just thinking about them now makes my mouth water.

0 comments: