Sunday, July 23, 2006

Can We Say Stir Crazy?

Ah yes, I knew you could.

That's where I am right now. Going absolutely, totally insane. I want to get out of this darn house, I want to go shopping, go to the park, go anywhere, and I want to go NOW! I'd walk if it wasn't so darn hot out there, and if there were sidewalks all the way. I'm not used to being stuck in the house, with no way out for over a week at a time. THIS SUCKS!!

And the worst part? There is no end in sight! I'm not sure what's going on with our car but so far we have no answers and I'm not expecting any soon. This is what happens when you try to take the cheap way out. Especially with the kind of luck we've been having lately.

Now don't get me wrong, Norm, our mechanic, is an awesome guy and he's really good at what he does. However, he works outside, which means right now he doesn't get a lot of time to work because of the heat. That coupled with his age equals about 4 hours of work time a day. And when you take into consideration the fact that he doesn't have the high tech tools the auto shops do, well. . . I see the wait continuing.

I think next time, no matter how much I hate to, for these complicated car problems (read: anything more than a dead battery, flat tire, or wheel trouble) we'll be taking our car to an actual shop instead. The extra cost we'll acquire is well worth the aggravation of having two cooped up boys, and a mom about to rip her hair out, at home for a week.

Oh, and just to show you how much my luck sucks right now. . . The pool is broken as well, and has been broken for about a week too. So, the entire time I've been without a car, I also have been without a pool. Now tell me that doesn't suck!!

0 comments: