Saturday, August 12, 2006

My Baby's Gettin' Big

August 7, 2006

Today was Bumpo's first day of school. He absolutely loved it. When I picked him up at noon he came running out of his classroom shouting "Mommy, I was wonderful today" in his sweet little voice full of pride and amazement. He was very impressed with this whole school idea. In fact, I think I may have to admit that Tim was right. This was a good idea, it might even be the best idea, EVER. I think the three hours he's there is the perfect amount of time. Bumpo was ready to go when I got there but still very excited about going the next day. Perfect combination. Now, lets hope that holds true for the next 13 or so years he'll have to endure. (Yeah, I know, not bloody likely, but leave me alone, I'm an optimist)

I'm also very impressed with Bumpo's teacher this year. She is just awesome. She's an older British woman from London and has been in the child education business for over 20 years. She loves her job and most importantly, is amazing with the kids. She's what I would think Super Nanny's mom would be like, kind, yet firm when she needs to be. I'm so happy he's with a good teacher for his first year, it takes a lot of my fears away.

In other news, my mom's trip has been postponed for a couple weeks. I guess my dad has to work full-time for the next two weeks so she has to be there to run my brother around since my dad won't be able to. But, after that, she'll be on her way. WooHoo!! I'm so excited to see her. It's been so long since I've seen anyone from my family. I'm going through withdraws and have become incredibly home sick. I'm really looking forward to her visit. Now I just need to get this house in order for her arrival.

Well, Bumpo's calling for help from the other room. He's in search of a certain yellow sponge on the television and can't seem to find him. Hopefully, said sponge will help Bumpo take the nap he so desperately needs right now. That school thing can sure wipe a kid out!

0 comments: