Saturday, August 12, 2006

She's Officially Jumped Off the deep End

August 10, 2006

Just to warn you, this next post is going to be one huge rant, and in the end may not make a whole lot of sense because, quite frankly, this whole situation doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me right now.

Some stuff has really been bothering me lately, and I'm not quite sure why I'm letting it get to me, other than that the people causing these problems, shouldn't and it is hurting a very important person in my life because of it.

If you haven't guessed by now, the people in question are my wonderful (read: spawn of Satan) in-laws. Mainly, my mother-in-law. I think it's safe to say that the woman is insane. Completely off her rocker. Or any other cliche you can throw in there on the subject.

I posted a couple weeks ago about a certain person wanting to use my talents for profit, well, it was her. And I'm proud to report that I didn't go back on what I said, either. It's pretty bad when you can't even trust your own family not to screw you over, but that's where we are with them right now and I hate to say it, but family or not, we don't have time for them right now.

Anyway, they still went about their business, planning for this calendar and trying to do the work on their own. Well, one day last week Tim was over there, and out of the blue, they announce that they are being foreclosed on and only have a few weeks to get out of the house. This just days after Debby (Tim's mom) was outside doing all kinds of home improvements, including building a huge cat condo in the back yard. The whole thing just doesn't make a whole lot of sense right now.

Not only that but I happen to know that when your house is foreclosed upon, you have a LOT longer than a couple weeks to get out. Not to mention that the whole foreclosed thing doesn't make a lot of sense since they just got their house refinanced in May, and Steve was still getting paychecks from his job until a couple weeks ago. Nothing is coming together. Why weren't they paying the mortgage? Why get the re-fi when they knew Steve was loosing his job, just to loose the house a couple months later anyway? Why go about all the little home projects when they knew they wouldn't be there much longer? Why spend the time with making the fancy shmancy cat condo? I'm not sure what they are up to but it's something, and me thinks it's something big. I'm getting so sick of their stupid little games. Ummm hello, these people are in their fifties, they should know better. If they weren't Tim's parents, I would have written them off a long time ago. They are this deadly poison in my life that I don't need and shouldn't have to deal with right now. Unfortunately, they thrive on drama, so she insists on creating it when there is no need to. I swear, that woman really needs a hobby.

The most ironic thing about this entire ordeal is that these are the same people who are always trying to give us financial advice. They try to weasel in their opinions on every aspect of our lives. Telling Tim that he's a hypocrite for working with meat, and that he could get a million other jobs if he just tried. And that we should have so much money saved right now. Blah blah blah. On and on it goes. Yet, every other month they are going through some huge strife that they can't deal with. This time it's that Steve can't find a job. But, it's kinda hard to find a job when you aren't looking for one, and won't accept a job with any retail or food place because he's afraid of what his former students will say. So, instead they've decided to loose their house. Hmmm, somehow that doesn't add up, call me crazy I guess. Now I'm not going to say that Tim and I are great with our money, because we really aren't. In fact, we suck at saving money and can't stick to a budget to save our life. However, even after he lost his plush job in Houston, we were still able to stay on our feet, move halfway across the country, and start over, without any help from them. Then, this year with the fire, and the recent expensive car problems, we still managed to get our bills paid and keep a roof over our heads. We may not have any money socked away right now because of these things but we're surviving. And again, we did it all without crying poor (well, okay I did do a bit of complaining on here about our financial state, but this is the place I can do that without burdening anyone, right?) and again without any help from them. Yet, every time they have the slightest bump in the road, they let it engulf them. Instead of doing anything about it, they let it control them and then at the last second, look for the easy way out. I just can't deal with people like that in my life anymore. I guess I'm growing up, but I don't have time for the self inflicting drama that these people, or anyone, brings on themselves anymore.

Tim and I have had a horrible year, but gosh darn-it, we're trudging through, and we're making the most of it. I may seem like a bitch by saying I don't have time for their problems but you know, I don't care. I've had enough with those people and the crap they continue to infuse into my life on a daily basis. I'm so mad at myself for letting these people get to me like this, again. They have brought on all of these problems themselves (if there really are any problems) and I don't have the time or the energy for the games. Quite frankly, I think it's safe to say that I just don't give a rat's ass anymore. Their continuous lies are coming apart at the seams and I don't care to keep up with them anymore and try and give them the benefit of the doubt. There is no benefit, for whatever reason, they have chosen to push us away and fill our lives with lie upon lie, upon lie. I can't do it anymore. If it wasn't for Tim I would have called these people out on all of this long ago. Unfortunately, Tim isn't ready to call them out and I respect and understand his decision to keep the peace. But I am left wondering, just how peaceful is all this, really?

0 comments: