Saturday, October 14, 2006

Update on the Sickness

Well, turns out we all have/had a case of food poisoning. Thank you Golden Corral. We think the infected culprit was the yummy cantaloupe we had that evening.

Tim ended up in the emergency room on Thursday night. He was at work and from what I gather he was throwing up uncontrollably. So much so that the only comfortable position he could be in was lying on the floor. Now, Tim works in the food industry and lets just say that he had to be really darn sick to lay on a floor in that place. Well, I guess he scared the hell out of one of the shift managers there who in turned called an ambulance.

Meanwhile, here at home Bumpo had been throwing up all day and I was starting to get sick as well. So, needless to say, when I got the call around 11:00 in the evening, an emergency room with a sick little boy was the last place I wanted to be. However, on the other hand, getting a call from a panicked manager telling you that your dear husband has just been carted off on a stretcher kinda gets the adrenaline pumping.

Four hours, and two full puke basins later (one for Tim and one for Bumpo) and we were back home with two still sick boys. However, the next morning they were both on the mend.

Now I'm very sick. Very very sick as a matter of fact. Luckily I have my great husband here taking care of me. Have I mentioned how lucky I am? Fever and all I'm still one of the luckiest people in the world.

0 comments: