Saturday, March 10, 2007

a secret admirer


After returning home yesterday from a full day of shopping and errands, we discovered a cute little bear shaped note attached to our door.

The front of the note stated that it was "To: Bob" So we handed the note on over to him and watched while he opened his very first love note.

The message on the inside was short but sweet. "Dear Bob, I didn't want to have to tell you this, but I like you" Signed, "your secret admirer".

Bob is in heaven. He spent the rest of the night, staring at the note. Memorizing every pen stroke so that this morning he could conduct his very own handwriting analysis.

Apparently, the plan is to go up to every girl he knows, and get them to write a capital F, because he noticed in the note he received that the "F" was more like a "T" with a line in the middle than your average "F".

He's not into this whole secret admirer thing. By gone-it, if he has an admirer, he wants them to be out in the open, you know, admiring him. None of this secret stuff. No way, not for him anyway.

I guess this also means I better get dressed and head on out to find my stick, albeit, a few years earlier than expected. I have a feeling that this is only the beginning of love notes attached to my door. The swarm of girls is only going to get worse as the years go on. . . . and I need to be prepared.

0 comments: