Thursday, April 26, 2007

ramdom thoughts

My mind is scattered right now. Life is hectic but good, full of changes that I think will be great in the long run.

If I were to actually post everything in a conversation type form, I'd have about ten different posts, all of which would probably be well over ten pages long because (as I'm sure you've all come to realize) I'm long winded. So, I'm just going to make a bulleted list, keeping it short and sweet, about all the things happening over here right now.

  • It's been two weeks and counting and my car is still clean. After the ordeal I went through last time to get it clean, you better believe that sucker is staying that way!
  • The one year anniversary of the fire came and went without incident. In fact, Tim and I completely forgot about it until about two days later. Which is a great thing in a way, but also a little sad since we didn't even plant the tree we wanted for Dori, or drink the last Red Stripe left over from before the fire.
  • In more exciting and less depressing news, I got a job. In fact, I started on the exact anniversary of the fire.
  • I'm working at a national pharmacy chain as a cashier/photo tech. The cashier portion of the job sucks big time, not to mention is a killer on my feet since I'm not allowed to do anything except stand at the darn cash register for eight hours a day. The photo tech portion is awesome though. I now know how to develop film, process it, and print photos. Useful information for a photographer, I tell ya. Plus, I now get my prints at a significant discount, another perk.
  • I am feeling a little guilty about my new job. Even though both of the boys are in school for at least four hours a day, while I'm at work, I still feel bad that I'm not here for them when they get home from school now. Especially since I don't really need this job. It's basically just something to get me out of the house and earning extra spending money for myself and the trip to Ohio coming up in September.
  • Tim decided to turn in a resume at the same company I am working for. They pay extremely well, which could mean a significant raise for Tim if he were to get a job there. My manager has basically told me he's a shoe-in, it's just a matter of formality now. They're actually opening up two new locations here in my little town within the next year. So, right now they're hiring management like crazy.
  • My mother-in-law is watching the boys for Tim and I while we're at work. She is making this entire transition very rough. I have a huge post about her in the works. So there will be plenty more about this specific item.
  • My cats are driving me insane. They have almost completely destroyed the palm tree Tim got me for my birthday last year. It was so beautiful too. Now it's slowly dying off because these freakin' cats think the top of the palm tree is a cat bed.
  • Speaking of these darn cats, they still haven't been fixed. I have an appointment scheduled for May 15th, to have them altered. Believe it or not, it was the earliest I could get them in anywhere. I just hope my dear Odo hasn't gotten herself knocked up by then. Maybe I should sit her down and tell her how inappropriate, not to mention disgusting, it is to procreate with a relative, especially a brother.
  • I have the day off tomorrow, which I am so looking forward to. I just wish the kids didn't have school. I'd love to take them to the pool for the day, maybe even the beach. It feels like it's been so long since I've spent any time with them. Luckily, we'll have plenty of time after school tomorrow for some family time.
  • Our site is coming along so well. We expect it to be done very soon. We had a minor delay a few days ago when the external hard drive that houses all of our site code decided to go on the fritz, but luckily, for whatever reason, it fixed itself just as quickly as it went awry.
Well, I think that's about it. I need to get some sleep. I'm burnt out and exhausted. And so desperately looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

0 comments: