Thursday, June 14, 2007

i miss my boy

Today has been a bad day.

I woke up with a horrible back ache. My throat is killing me. I had to work nine grueling hours full of the worst customers in the world. Everything and anything is getting on my last nerve. Tim is working extra hours, after just informing me that his boss has decided to put them on six days a week now instead of his normal five day/12 hour shifts. Now it's six days/12 hours. Bumpo is still working on getting well, now he's going through that very annoying stage that he always goes through where he wants me nearby but anytime I try to talk to him, he plays games with me and won't answer my questions - - drives me crazy. And now I'm sitting here, missing my dear Bob like crazy.

I think that last thing is probably why I'm so touchy lately. I can't stand not having both of my boys here with me. Knowing they are safe. Being able to kiss and hug BOTH of them whenever I want. Reading them stories every night. Listening to Bob read to Bumpo. Watching Bob quietly sitting on the sofa, thoroughly engrossed in a Magic Tree House book. Tucking him in at night while he tells me all about his day. Watching him roller blade outside. Having him check-in every fifteen minutes when he's outside playing with his friends. I miss it all. Heck, I even miss the little arguments he used to have with his brother. The house is just too quiet without him.

Unfortunately, he won't be back until the beginning of next month so I still have quite a few days to count down. But, I will be counting. And marking off each day on my calendar.

Because even one slow, horrible day is one day closer to his return.

0 comments: