Thursday, July 12, 2007


Yeah I know, it's been a long, LONG time. But I can explain, really I can.

One word: COMCAST.

Or, as I now refer to them, my archenemies. After a month with no service, about a three hour phone conversation, a quick drive to my local office to exchange my dvr box, and a lot of screaming and yelling, I now have service restored. I did learn one interesting thing though, if you complain enough and have an entire afternoon to devote to the cable company, they WILL fix your problem.

So anyway, enough about that. I have an entire month to catch up on.

First of all, Bob is home. He returned on July 4th, just in time to celebrate with his family. Making for a very happy mommy. He also returned home 30 lbs. heavier than he was when he went up there and with an entirely different attitude (by different I mean rude) but I'm glad he's home. Not too happy with Scott right about now, but it's nothing I can't fix. I mean, seriously, 30 pounds in a month. That's a pound a day. That's borderline abuse. I mean it's like the man has no brain what-so-ever (Scott of course). It's like my son was living at a 24-hour buffet for the entire month he was up there. Cheese, sure (keep in mind, he's allergic to dairy). Soda, sure. Candy, why not? Cake, well of course! The kid was eating non-stop, all the while sitting in front of a television playing one video game after another. I don't think he spent more than fifteen minutes outside the entire time he was there. And then there is his attitude. Now, he knows better than to behave the same way with me that he does with his dad, but he's still not the same sweet boy I sent up there. For one thing, he's developed this attitude where all women are stupid, just like his darn father. An attitude that drives me insane. An attitude that will be gone soon, if the kid wants to see anything besides his bedroom walls for the rest of the summer. All that aside though, I am so happy my boy is home. I know he missed being here and I so missed him.

In other news, I am still working. Been working like crazy actually. Which is the only thing that has made this last month bearable, sans Internet. Photo Lab is my new home. I've developed more pictures, and seen WAY more than I ever wanted to. People are sick, sick people, I tell ya. And they take pictures of stuff that NO ONE else should see, ever! Not to say that I don't have my own stash of naughty photos, but I would never dream of taking them to a place and having them printed. And please, people, if you're going to photograph it, and share it, shave it first! That's all I'm sayin'.

In more serious news, I suffered another miscarriage this month. I was so fantasizing about ways to come back on here and announce to everyone (oh who am I kidding, I mean the one or two people who actually read this thing) that I was pregnant. I had great plans, really I did. With a photo of my pregnancy test to complete. Then, on Sunday I started spotting, and by Monday it was a full on massacre. Cramping and clots to complete the extravaganza. I'm trying to remain light-hearted about it because in all seriousness, me being pregnant right now wouldn't come at the best of times. I just started this new job, one where I hope to advance at some point, I have a dress I need to buy for my brother's wedding and being pregnant only would complicate that task, not to mention my own wedding to plan for, plus, I just don't feel like getting down on myself for having another miscarriage. For some reason, I'm a lot calmer about it this time around. Deep down I know that I will be pregnant again, that it will happen for us. I just need to be patient and wait. Granted, if this pregnancy would have worked, I would have been super happy, but I'm focusing on the positives.

Well, I need to get going, I just noticed it was 9:30 and I still haven't fed my poor children dinner. There's nothing in the fridge either so I guess we're off to the store, or the nearest Subway, which ever one jumps in front of my car first.