Monday, July 16, 2007

t.g.i.m.

Yep, you read that right. Thank goodness it's Monday! This week, Monday is like my Saturday. Except, my Sunday won't come until Thursday. Such is the life for any retail employee.

Weekends are full of dread for me. Our store is less staffed, customers are grouchy and rowdy, and of course we are way more busy. I get to deal with hundreds of people heading off to the beach (we're located a block away from the ocean) with their bags of ice, sunblock, snacks, and beer. Then, I usually get to deal with the same group of people again later in the day, when they stagger their drunk belligerent selves back in to buy their aloe and aspirin. Much fun is had by all.

Anyway, enough about work. Today, is my day of relaxation. I spent the morning with the kids at McDonald's. We went there and had a nice hotcake breakfast, and then we headed off to my favorite place, Target. Where they had the most wonderful deal: 450 Thread-count sheet sets for $39. And, since my dear youngest son decided earlier in the week to shred our ultra-comfy, ultra expensive, Egyptian Cotton sheets, I was in the market so I stocked up. While these aren't Egyptian Cotton they will do until I'm able to get my lazy, stressed, self up to Jacksonville to get some more.

My plans for the rest of the day are to relax. Spend some time on this computer, searching for the perfect dress for my brother's upcoming wedding, writing in the ole blog, and reading other blogger friends.

I also need to create a budget for the upcoming months. A quick look at our finances and the calendar tells me I am in desperate need. We have two boys heading off to school next month, a vacation planned for the month after that (my brother's wedding), then comes Bob's birthday, Halloween, and before I know it, Christmas. So a budget is most definitely in order. If not, I predict a lot of financial mistakes soon. Plus, it's been quite a while since I've balanced my checkbook, gotten the finances in order, and gotten back on track with the never-ending bills. I've had to pay one too many late fees this month because I'm just not organized anymore, and I'm sick of it. So today is the day to get everything in gear. No more late fees for me. Time to stop living so unorganized. It drives me crazy, and makes my already hectic life so much worse.

And yes, before you ask, this is my idea of relaxation. Nothing makes me feel better than knowing my bills are taken care of, the house is clean, and everything is in it's place.

So, I'm off to file, budget and organize until my little heart is content.

. . . . after that, maybe a nap.

0 comments: