Sunday, August 12, 2007

a quick hello

Just to list a few things that have kept me away from this computer for the past week or so. . .

  • Boys (yes, I said boys, as in plural, my baby is now officially registered for kindergarten) start school in a little over a week.
  • Florida's annual tax-free holiday for all things school related. Which, by the way, is totally awesome. You can buy clothes, shoes, school supplies, backpacks, lunch boxes, and everything else you could imagine for awesome sale prices (because all the stores always run major sales during this time) and NO SALES TAX!
  • My completely unorganized, bursting at the seams house, and my desire to change that before aforementioned end of summer.
  • My brother's wedding at the beginning of next month and the travel plans we need to make for that.
  • The loss of many cashiers at work, making my day longer and harder than it should be.
  • My dear Durango and her desire to add to my stressful plans by deciding to spring a power steering leak.
  • My total inability to think (or move) when the heat index is above 110, which is where it's been resting for the past week and a half around here. Walking outside is like walking into the ocean. Your clothes stick to you just the same.
I do, however, promise to be back soon with a post I've been working on. After this weather chills the hell out and allows me to form and comprehend more than a "to do/have done" list.

Until then, enjoy the rest of your summer!

0 comments: