Thursday, September 06, 2007

what I've learned on my summer vacation

1. Apparently, whenever I get tired of being healthy, all I have to do is plan a vacation. Working in a pharmacy surrounded by contagious people on a daily basis doesn't do it. My carrier children who drag home every flu or cough known to man don't do it, either. However, the minute I get all of our plans for vacation in motion, I will inevitably be knocked on my ass by some strange bug that will no doubt put a damper on any FUN vacation plans I may have had. First the Grand Canyon, where I (and the entire family) had bronchitis, not fun. This time, I've come down with a horrible sore throat that literally brings tears to my eyes every time I try to swallow. Not sure what brought this bout on, but, hopefully we canexpel this demon before the week is up.

2. Whether I'm 1000 miles or 30 miles away from my ex, he's still an ass. Plain and simple. Unfortunately, his son is starting to realize it too, which means a hard couple of years ahead for my dear little boy as he comes to terms with the fact that his father is only willing to do the bare minimum where he is concerned, which is just sad. In fact, it's beyond words. I'm sure I'll find them later on, however.

3. Ohio is still the same. It still feels like home and I still love every aspect of living here. I miss it.

4. A thirteen-hour car ride is still a long, LONG time. It doesn't matter if you're driving a big SUV or a tiny Saturn. The kids are still annoying and they will still try to gnaw each other’s ear off by the end of the trip.

5. And, last but not least, it may be called a vacation but I swear I'm going to need at least two days to recuperate after we return home because in all seriousness, I'm tired!!!

0 comments: