Wednesday, October 24, 2007

holy fucking hell

I can't freakin' believe it. . . .

Look, up there, right above this post, see that date? Do you? October 24!

Do you have any idea what that means?? TWO MONTHS until Christmas Eve.

Two months, that's it!!!

Wow, I so didn't need that wake-up call today. There I was, all happy at work, walking down the main aisle toward the magazine rack, which by now is completely covered in "Special Edition Holiday Guides", by the way, when it hit me.

Yeah, I know, two months is still a lot of time. But, you don't understand. I can't even begin to describe my "to do" list with you. It's ginormous. Seriously, it's like. . . 4 pages long. Most of which is stuff that not only has to get done before the holidays, because let's face it, we all power clean around this time, what with all the family and friends that come and go. But, we also have to be done soon, in order to keep Bumpo healthy. I'm getting pretty concerned about him again already. He woke up twice last night coughing pretty badly and then had a hard time getting back to sleep. So, I'm hoping beyond all hope, that I can nip this asthma bout in the butt before it begins. We've already done so much, short of ordering him his very own bubble, to keep him healthy. Unfortunately, with Red Tide, the mold, and just the normal changing of seasons/cooler weather/flu season upon us, it's a bad, bad mixer for Bump's health.

So, I guess it's not really the upcoming holiday season that has me concerned, it's my ever growing list, that seems to be growing a whole lot faster than I am able to cross stuff off. Add to that the idea of Thanksgiving dinner, Black Friday shopping, Christmas Tree getting, and Santa Claus playing, and it becomes a bit of a stress magnet for me. If only I could find a way to just let it flow, I'd be so much better off. Unfortunately, when it comes to making the best holiday season ever for my boys, spontaneity is about impossible to muster. Must plan, must plan it all. Must make memories, glorious memories that will become traditions. Traditions my boys will carry on with their kids. Traditions that will be carried on, long after I'm gone. I love me some good traditions.

I just hope I have everything under control, and the list down to a reasonable one page by the time Christmas rolls around.

1 comments:

A said...

Only TWO MONTHS! GAHHH! How did that happen? ARGH!