Tuesday, November 13, 2007

the reason I love paid vacation

Well, I've been at my current job for over six months now. Actually, it's more like seven.

The good thing is that with this job, after six months, you get two weeks paid vacation. The bad thing is that my vacation time started on November first. We aren't allowed to take vacation anytime during November or December. And, if that isn't bad enough, our vacation time is for the calendar year, meaning that if it isn't used by the 31st of December, we loose it. Sucks, huh?

Now for the good news, because I can't officially take two weeks off, my boss has decided to let me have an extra day off every week to cover my vacation time. Then, whatever isn't covered by the week before Christmas, he'll pay out! I'm excited! Nothing better than that little bonus right before the holidays.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In other news, my house is a mess, my hives are driving me crazy, and there has been a new development in the whole mother-in-law drama.

However, I'm only going to talk about the first two, leaving this post incredibly dull and boring. I just don't have the energy (thanks to the damn hives and the antihistamines to combat the things) to talk about the third. Plus, it will give me something to write about tomorrow.

Anyway, my house. Yeah well, I've been saying that I need to clean it, that I'm going to clean it but instead I lay around on the sofa all day. No energy. Damn hives.

But tomorrow I am cleaning this place, top to bottom. Get it ready for the holidays. Which, by the way, I cannot wait for. Plus, the husband just got a new 60" television which needs it's proper showcase.

Okay, I need to run, I think it's safe to say that this can go down as the lamest post EVER. In the history of posts.

Next up: my "to do" list. Followed by the ever dramatic, nail biting saga that is my "grocery list".

Stay tuned. . . .

0 comments: